Bodegas Mauro is located in the municipality of Tudela del Duero, in the province of Valladolid, in the heart of the Duero Valley. Its oenologist, Mariano García, one of the references in the world of Spanish wine, has been the head of the technical team at Vega Sicilia for several decades.
Mauro is a wine that represents not only a terroir but also a way to understand wines. After a meticulous selection of the grapes, it is lodged into deposits, separating the grape batches by varieties, estates and production areas.
20% of the barrels are renewed annually. 75% of the barrels are made of French oak and the other 25% of American oak, all of them of extra tight grained wood and dried for at least 3 years. The Mauro was aged for 16 months in Allier and Never French oak barrels and in American oak barrels, all of them with different toastings.
In this 2011 Mauro, you’ll find black cherries, herbs, licorice, chocolate and spices. Very smooth, full and round. Creamy, but with well-integrated acid.
91 Points – Guia Penin
Colour: cherry, garnet rim. Nose: spicy, creamy oak, toasty, ripe fruit. Palate: powerful, flavourful, toasty, round.